A little bit of coding, and a lot of writing. And art! (Click here to read the rest of this entry)
After picking myself up after being levelled by a nasty cold, I’ve gotten a bunch done. This fortnight has a bit for everyone: coding, backstory and writing. (Click here to read the rest of this entry)
Another quiet two weeks for dev work, yet non-quiet for life in general. (Click here to read the rest of this entry)
UPDATE: Fixed some stuff and talked more about panels!
Well I’m back home after a mega weekend at the inaugural PAX Australia. I had a bunch of fun but am tired as hell. (Click here to read the rest of this entry)
PAX Australia 2013 kicks off this Friday and I’m a little bit excited. Folks have asked for recommendations on things to see. This is a little biassed towards my own proclivities – I’m all about indie game dev, tabletop RPG dev, gamer culture and don’t really care too much for the bigger industry stuff because I’m mostly on top of the news. To be honest, I haven’t been to a PAX (or large con) so your mileage may vary. (Click here to read the rest of this entry)
The Steam sales have kicked off again. Here’s a very quick list of things I’d recommend – get them when they hit a price you’re comfortable with:
- Bioshock Infinite
- Possibly as good as shooters are gonna get for a while now. Go for the shooting, stay for the story.
- Intentionally brain-bending puzzle game made by an Australian. The game design for the earlier puzzles is sublime.
- Scribblenauts Unlimited
- Fun, little creative game if you can get it cheap.
- Hotline Miami
- Horrifically violent game with a great hook and cool music.
- Cool isometric beat-em up with some of the best narration ever.
- Surgeon Simulator 2013
- Super-dumb but hilarious surgery simulator. Even though it’s short, there’s lots of little easter eggs within.
- A platformer MOBA without the life debt you need to pay to play Dota 2.
- Chaos in space. Lots of depth for a simple game.
- Payday and Payday 2
- Heist simulators that are pretty cool, except for some slightly rough edges.
- Rogue Legacy
- Castlevania platforming with a constant upgrade ability.
- Starseed Pilgrim
- Arty, meditative platform puzzler.
- Walking Dead
- Fantastic horror game with great writing that will smash you like a sledgehammer.
If you have any hidden gems, let me know!
Wow, it’s another fortnight already? I’ve been doing more engine work, research and non-game stuff, but it doesn’t feel like two weeks! (Click here to read the rest of this entry)
Some good programming work done this week, despite busy-ness. Beware, this is a slightly long and involved post on very many topics! (Click here to read the rest of this entry)
Two steps forward… one spin around on the spot? (Click here to read the rest of this entry)